Monday, September 20, 2010

Glow in the Dark Skull Soap

Tiny, tiny soap skulls!!! And they glow in the dark! They would be great as is but I thought maybe a few could be made into full size bars.
The Dollar Store had these ice cube trays the other day and I thought SOAP! I added a little glow in the dark powder to white soap base. After they were popped out, I poured a layer of clear soap into the gothic looking mold and inserted the skulls face down.Then I poured some sea foam green tinted soap on top of the clear and....
Here is the results. I don't even mind the air trapped around the skull cuz it seems to add to the effect! Diana

3 comments:

  1. Those look awesome. When I made my skull soaps, I was wishing I had bought some clear M&P to embed the skulls in, too! glad you did it so I don't have to! :) Where do you get the glow in the dark powder?

    I'll link to these at the DSC facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dollar-Store-Crafts/161233564682

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are also awesome! I can't decide if I like these or the single-use skulls more!

    ReplyDelete