Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine's Day

Lucky for me, I have a math theory final today which means instead of studying, I've been crafting! My friend Brandy linked to a fortune cookie recipe on her blog. It was a lot of work, but well worth it. The kids had a great time coming up with silly fortunes. Today, they go out in the mail for family and will be packaged up for teachers.

The only adaptation I made was I used a biscuit cutter to form 3" circles of batter instead of 5" circles. I used the biscuit cutter like a pancake form to get perfect circles every time (after a batch of frustratingly uneven circles made by hand).

Little Abby made some valentine bookmarks for her cousins. They are images printed on photo paper, cut to 6"x2". She folded them in half and then attached a magnet to each side to keep them in place. Cute! Her teachers and friends will love them.
~Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment