Monday, November 1, 2010

Old Saint Nick

I haven't even taken down my Halloween decorations yet, but here is what I was working on today! I took the base from an old speaker stand, filled the screw holes, painted and distressed the base and then applied this picture of Santa with Modge Podge.

The Santa image is from Graphics Fairy. I roughly tore the edges and then inked them with brown ink. I didn't want it to look smooth so I just slapped in on the base, a little wrinkled, leaving the edges unglued so it looks like it is just barely stuck on. I also applied embossing powder to the fur and hat, just like freshly fallen snow. Diana


4 comments:

  1. I really love this project! It looks wonderful! I'm really in the mood to work on some Christmas projects now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Santa project is awesome! LOVE those beautiful blue eyes... Now I'm in the mood to begin crafting for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out great!! I love how you added the embossing powder here! Thank you so much for linking this up to Brag Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! I have that picture too and I really like that way you used yours!

    Saw you at Someday Crafts!!

    ReplyDelete