Monday, September 20, 2010

Skull One Use Soap

Don't you love it when something comes out just how you imagined it. No hassles, no flubs, just happy happy crafting. That is how it has been today! So far anyway.One use soaps. So cool. And it makes soooo much sense too. Pretty little soaps, one sudsing and then they are gone! No icky bar making a mess in my soap dish. No worries about nasty little germs. I printed up these skulls from The Graphics Fairy on water soluble paper and cut them out leaving a small tab to hang on to. Then I dipped in clear scented soap about three times, letting harden in between dipping. Wax paper allows them to cool and not stick to the counter.
After you are done dipping the final time, trim off the tab and any excess soap around the edges and that's it.
It makes the thinnest sliver of soap perfect for a single washing!
I thought these would make great little gifts so I printed up these little bag toppers, again from the Graphics Fairy. The plastic bags are clear and about 3x4.
And just in case you don't know what these transparent little skulls are for, I put One Use Hand Soaps in a Gothic font on the back of the toppers. Didn't I tell you it was a great day! Diana

22 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Diana. These are wonderful. Where did you find the water soluble paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!!! These are adorable! Thanks so much for linking this up to Brag Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! How fun would this be with holiday images as stocking stuffers! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So COOL! I love the idea of one use only soap! Very, very clever! (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Stopping by from The Graphics Fairy. This is FABULOUS! I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea. I am a new follower!
    Holly
    504 Main

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cute! Yes, I said cute for something shaped like a skull. What can I say? I love me some skulls! I have that same image bookmarked for some future project. No idea what yet but I like what you did with it. Spotted your link at Hoo's Got Talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this! You are so creative and the final product is perfect. Great work!

    Amie @ http://kittycatsandairplanes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - I woulda never thought of this one - so original!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is over the top rockin'!!! So cool!
    smiles~
    jami

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is a great project! I love it! It could be used for so many other images too! Visiting from the Graphics Fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how cool! Love them and the idea with the water soluble paper is just great :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are awesome! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful can you get!? I resisted the urge to buy soap-making supplies at Hobby Lobby the other day, and now I have a great project to try. Now I'm off to find a source for water-soluble paper. Thanks for the great idea. Skipping over from the Graphics Fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my. I started off by googling water soluble paper and ended up spending an hour or so looking at soapmaking websites! I'm going to have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a brilliant project! Who ever heard of water soluble paper? I would love to learn how you make those bag toppers too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesomely creative!! KUDO's to you! fantastique!
    bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome and so creative. I would love to try it out myself. Pinning up!

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are fantastic! I'm going to have to make some - thanks so much for sharing!

    Noreen
    Crafty Journal

    ReplyDelete