Friday, December 3, 2010

Soapy Kisses

Maybe it was my trip last weekend to Hershey PA but lately I seem to have chocolate on the brain! I took my love of chocolate and my recent interest in soap making and came up with sweet smelling chocolate Kisses that are really little guest soaps!
This mold is available at candy making supply stores or, in my case, an Amish cheese and candy store. The Kisses are a little larger than store bought ones but I still LOVE them.
I used white soap base, chocolate scent and brown oxide soap coloring.
Melted in the microwave in short bursts it really does look like milk chocolate. Be sure to spray with rubbing alcohol to get rid of the bubbles.
Here is the soap poured in the molds. It took a while to cure and then I popped them out.
I printed "Soapy Kisses" on tissue paper that I taped to a sheet of typing paper. This allowed it to go through the printer. I cut them out into thin strips.
Buy the cheapest tin foil available. Cut it into small squares about 2 1/2 inches wide. Lay the foil dull side up, place a paper strip on it and center a soap on the foil. Slowly fold the foil around the kiss until it covers it just like the candy!
Now I have a bowlful of chocolaty goodness that doesn't contain a single calorie! These are my new favorite treat. Diana

9 comments:

  1. This is adorable! How cute! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what an awesome idea! They are so cute!
    Just be careful that your guests won't eat them...hahaha
    Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Those are adorable! What a great gift idea. If you have the time, I would love it if you would link this up at my Christmas Party! :) http://www.polishthestars.com/2010/12/christmas-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello - I am your 100th follower! I love your craft ideas, especially the soapy kisses. I also enjoy altering cute little jars and filling them with candy! On my to-do-list is to decorate and fill 'em with trail mix and m&ms to coordinate with the holidays. Please visit me and check out my edible ideas: http://altered-artworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! What a fun project! My kids would definitely try to EAT these! And the way I need chocolate every day, I might try, too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project! Those are so cute! I just wanted to let you know that I featured these today. Come grab a featured button, if you'd like. Thank you so much for linking up to Weekend Wander. Can't wait to see what you link up this weekend!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to let you know that I featured your project! :) http://www.polishthestars.com/2010/12/christmas-party-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute - love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete