Friday, October 5, 2012

Sew Sweet Quilt

Haven't posted in a while because I have been working on this quilt.
Most of the fabric is from Moda's Sew Sweet collection.  At least I think that is what the collection is called.......  I had to use different fabric, not from moda, for the border and binding because I only had a jelly roll of the Sew Sweet.  I never think ahead when I start a quilt, I just start sewing...... 
I machine quilted it on my Elna with happy results!  One tip.  You run out of bobbin thread often so I was having to re thread both the bobbin and top a lot.  I learned to have a spare "quilt", which was just a small sandwich of left over fabric and batting, to test my machine after each re thread.  If I had done anything wrong I would rather have the messy nest of thread on the back of the test quilt than on my real quilt.  Saved me hours of having to pick out thread! 
Here is a close up of my favorite fabric!!!  It sweet little pins on a beautiful aqua background.   So glad this quilt is done and I am itching to get to another one.   Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment