Monday, November 10, 2014

Tumbling Block Quilt

What do you do with a lot of charms left over from other projects?  Make a tumbling block quilt of course!
 I had a quite a few charms from several different lines of fabric.  I wasn't sure that they went together but when I paired them with a ton of white it all seemed to work out.  I think it looks rather modern and fresh.
 I machine quilted the white areas and stitched in the ditch around the charms.
 The fabric on the back is an overall floral print.
I used the same fabric to bind it with.  This quilt was made for one of my husband's assistant in China.  She was a great guide while we were there last month and I wanted to make her something that would show our gratitude.  Can't wait to hear if she likes it!
Diana 

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the backing fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt. I think the white does allow all the different prints to go together!

    Thanks for your comment on my laundry room redo project. I've got more plans for that room coming soon :o)

    Tania

    ReplyDelete