Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dollar Store Halloween Boxes

First of all, sorry about the pics but it is a little cloudy today so no natural light! I picked up some little cardboard boxes at the Dollar Store the other day. One is slightly smaller than the other so they reminded me of the stacking boxes I've seen in catalogs lately. So for $2.oo and a little paper and paint, I made this cute little set. First I painted the boxes white and the lids black. Two coats was plenty cuz I knew I would be distressing them. Then I mod podged the pumpkins and cat faces on all four sides.
The images are available for free at http://www.matthewmeadstyle.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=254&Itemid=146 Don't you love his Halloween books!

Then I inked the edges in brown and black. After that dried I splattered orange and black paint on all the sides, including the lids, with an old tooth brush. A nice coat of sealer, let dry overnight and it is finished....at a cost that is hard to resists. I've seen these for over $25.00 ! Love a deal! Diana

3 comments:

  1. Great job!!! I like the idea of splattering the paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are darling. I love what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set and nice holiday decoration, at first I thought you painted on the pumpkin and kitty! You'll be enjoying these for years. Thanks for sharing with us at A Crafty Soiree! Please join us next time too!

    ReplyDelete