Saturday, February 4, 2012

Creamy Truffles With Sea Salt

Do you ever have butter cream frosting left over after frosting cupcakes?  Usually it goes in the fridge and then I make frosting sandwiches for a few days until I finally throw it out.  (Yes, I make frosting sandwiches and don't act like you have NEVER done it).  Then I found the coolest blog called Cookies and Cups.Would you believe she makes truffles with her leftover frosting?  What genius!  I followed her instructions except I dipped my frosting balls into powdered sugar which made them easier to roll in my hands.  And I put them in the fridge instead of the freezer to chill.  And then I took one out at a time to coat in REAL dark chocolate instead of candy melts.  (Like I said, I followed her instructions......)  Then I sprinkled a pinch of sea salt on the just dipped chocolates.

These are seriously delicious!  And easy, easy, easy.  Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment