Friday, March 16, 2012

Bunny in a Tin

Tinned rabbit, sounds like something you might eat?  Not in this case!  I saw these on the net and thought I could do my own spin on it.I think this would be a great little toy for little ones at church or in the car, anywhere you don't want something large or noisy.  I used my embroidery machine to make the bunny.  Found the free design here, but I changed it up a bit.  I didn't want to turn it inside out so I put the backing felt behind the hoop not on top of it.  Then I just trimmed around the outline leaving a raw edge.
The pillow actually has a pillow case and the quilt has batting inside it. 
The tin has a very simple design on the top that I cut out of card stock.  I have a little girl at church in mind for this sweet toy.  Hope she likes it.  Diana

9 comments:

  1. omg OH MY GOSH! A bunny in a tin! This is gorgeous! Going to post a link to this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh too, too cute!! We did something similar with mini-monsters, but the bunny is adorable!!Would you consider sharing here?
    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/shine-on-fridays-19-and-some-fabulous.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute!!! Where did you find the tin? Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so adorable...thanks for sharing such a neat idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. I would love to make these for the children's hospital!

    Dona
    sewingmilesofsmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!!! I love this so much I'm including it in my Friday Friends! feature on my blog. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How darling for an Easter basket

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you get the tin box from?

    ReplyDelete