Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Tiny Tart Pan Ornaments

  I can't believe the countdown has begun for Christmas already!
 I want my tree to have more white on it this year so I made 36 of these lovely ornaments over the last day or two.  I used simple mini tart pans (available here).  I gave them a light spray of white paint.  Using a tiny drill bit I put a small hole at the top of each pan.  A simple o ring went in each hole for easy hanging.
 Then I punch out circles and scallops from old book pages.  These were glued on the inside of the pans.
 Next came out my jar of old buttons and bottle caps.  I gave the caps a spray of bronze paint and then combined buttons, caps and tiny gems into pleasing groups.  They were then glued here and there.  A bit of glitter pen on the edges of the paper.....then a quick blast of glitter spray. 
 Finally I hot glued small bows at the top of each ornament.  So pretty.
Don't worry about everything being perfect.  These are so much more interesting if the tin shows through.  Think vintage and shabby.......  Now they will look so nice on the tree, mixed in with all our other ornaments.  Yeah!
Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment