I have decided to redecorate my sewing/guest room. The yellow and red color scheme got old real fast. I am going for a vintage yellow, blue and pink room instead. That way I can use a lot of the things I have that won't fit in the vintage trailer due to it's
limited space cozy size. So the first thing I need is a new quilt for the bed. A Dresden Plate has been on my wish list for a long time so I've decided to go for it. Wish me luck!
I got out a bunch of fabrics that looked good together and cut out 500 fan pieces using a template I got online.
Then I chain sewed the pieces alone the wider end. That took forever....next I pressed the seams to set then and pressed the folded edge to mark the center line. That line came in real handy later.
Next I turned them right side out.......
with the cool tool that came with the Dresden Plate template.
I pressed it flat being careful to match the seam to the center line I mentioned earlier.
Being sure to start from the outer edge, I sewed towards the center. That way if the pieces were a little off it won't matter since I will be covering the area with a circle.
I pressed the seams open to reduce bulk.