Monday, June 1, 2015

Pocket Aquarium Out of Polymer Clay

Another project from Pinterest.  I have been on a polymer clay kick lately, I know.
Here is the original pin link.  Once you see the pin you will be tempted to give it a try too.  And, by the way.  tell me why tiny things are so stinking cute?    
  I covered the tin with clay and embossed it with water like swirls.
This took three days to make but most of the time was waiting for the resin to dry.  The first day I made all the rocks, animals and reeds out of clay.  Do you see the funny little poly wogs?  Then I poured a small layer of blue tinted resin in the bottom of the tin and embedded all the objects (once they were baked).  I had to let the resin dry 24 hours before I could add another layer of clear resin.  Another 24 hours to dry.  Done.  You can carry this in your purse to entertain a child or, as in my case, yourself.  I am easily entertained.
Diana

1 comment: