Friday, April 29, 2016

Vintage Picnic Quilt

I made myself a quilt!  I know, I've made a lot of quilts that I have shared with you on this blog.  They are usually a gift for a new baby or sick friend.  I also make them for family members.  I guess I have made a few dozen over the last few years.  But I rarely make one for myself.....
 When I started this quilt I wondered who I would give it to.  I loved the fabric and colors sooo much.  Then it occurred to me that if I like it so much there was no reason why I couldn't keep it!  More specifically, I could use it in my vintage trailer as a lap quilt.  Yippee!
 I used fabric from Moda's line Vintage Picnic and a red gingham I had in my stash.  The backing is a red and white chevron fabric.
 Machine quilted it on my domestic machine using Westalee ruler foot and shell template.
I seriously loooove how easy it was to use and how smooth the quilting looks.  Might have to do a post on the ruler foot and templates.........
 Don't you just love giant ric rac?
Here is a pic of the backing.  This quilt is so cheerful!  I can't wait to take the trailer out this summer and cuddle with this quilt while reading a good book and eating chocolate.......mmmmm.
Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment