Thursday, September 29, 2011

Death By Chocolate

Check out this funny headstone I found for my Fairy Garden!  But wait, there is more.  It was perfect to make a mold from that I could use for CHOCOLATE!!!
Using a two part mold compound from a previous project, I created this washable, oven safe (up to about 395) mold.   Think of the possibilities.

Next I took a chocolate and melted it (just barely) in the microwave.

Add a small handful of rice crispies.  Pour it into the mold, tapped it down on the counter to be sure the surface would be good and covered.  Chill and then unmold.  Next time I will use a little non stick spray to make the release a little easier.

Then I brushed on a little edible luster dust in silver and here is the candy bar size treat that brings a little creepiness to your indulgence!!!  Diana

8 comments:

  1. Oh you know I love this! I hope you'll share it tomorrow at my BFF Open House link party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, you had me with the title, what a way to go.
    I would love for you to share your headstone and your blog at Bacon Time anything goes linky, weekly fri-mon
    Come strut your stuff.
    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time. Hope to see you again at this weeks linky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, brilliant! And I'm checking out your post about the mould. A chocolate-safe mould? I've been looking for one for YEARS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever you are I have these exact same headstones and never thought to use them for chocolate moulds, what a fabulous ideas...will have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete