Thursday, May 24, 2012

Chevron/Zig Zag Retro Quilt

Here is the second of the twin's quilts!  Doesn't it look complicated and very hard to make?  I won't lie, it was more time consuming than I had planned when I first saw the pattern here at Bee Square
Time consuming-yes, difficult-no!  And I am so proud of how well I got my corners to match!  The fabric was a jellyroll of Cape Ann by Liesl Gibson I got from  Green Fairy Quilts  Buying a jellyroll reduced the cutting by half! 

Such pretty colors!

I machine quilted in the ditch to emphasize the zig zag.  I really enjoyed making this quilt and learned a few tricks along the way to improve my techniques.  There are so many blogs out there with lots of helpful hints!  I am already planning my next quilt to try a few more out!
  Diana 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it does look like it would be really difficult to make. I will have to check out this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! It looks fantastic. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete