Sunday, July 1, 2012

Peachy Sweet

We hav been having a heat wave so I have been indoors a lot!  One benefit of this is time at the sewing machine.  Friday I made this outfit for Abby, my oldest grandchild.  The fabric was from a recent business trip to New York state.  While my husband was at meetings I was shopping.......and buying.  I thought I would use this fabric for a quilt but the colors just begged to be made into a dress for the blond hair, blue eyed beauty.I used a simplicity pattern (4206) for a starting point, mainly for an idea of size, because Abby wasn't here for me to fit the garment to.  I added a flounce to the skirt.  The top was altered with a princess waist band and a bow in the back to make the top more fitted. 
I also left the casing for the elastic open so Abby's mom can adjust the fit.  I wouldn't want the elastic to be too tight.  Ouch.  Hate that. 
Diana

3 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous outfit. I'm sure your grandaughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dropping by from the Fabric Tuesday link party.

    The skirt and top are so pretty. It's fun that you added your own special touches to the pattern. I used to do that too for our kids when they were little.

    I'm sure your granddaughter is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is just a beautiful outfit! I love the flouncy skirt and tie on the shirt. I've got three little girls and I can tell you for sure this will be a hit with your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete