Monday, July 16, 2012

Petite Odile Quilt


I fell in love with this sweet fabric line from Moda.  It is called Petite Odile and the colors are so soft and muted.  Very comforting, which is fitting because the quilt I made from the fabric will be donated and auctioned off to help pay the medical bills for our airplane mechanic.  She has an aggressive form of brain cancer and she is such a good person, our hearts go out to her.  I purchased two charm packages and yardage from the line to make this quilt.  It is machined quilted on my sewing machine (oh how I dream of a long arm) and the binding was finally finished last night.  I am pretty happy with how it turned out though a few of my corners are a hair off of matching.  I did learn a trick from the Fons and Porter quilting show that should help me next time.  I will share the tip in another post. 
I hope this cozy quilt goes to a good home and raises lots of money for our friend.  Diana

4 comments:

  1. Just dropping by from the Fabric Tuesday link party.

    That's such a pretty quilt. I'm sure it will raise lots of money for your friend. And how blessed she is to have such support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fabrics. Good luck with your fundraising

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the charm quilt...that's right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice quilt! Visiting from Not Just a Housewife party.
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete