Thursday, December 20, 2012

Best Ever Chocolate Frosting

I am making this post more for myself than anyone else.  I seem to have trouble remembering things, one of which is which recipes I like or don't like......  Today was one of those times.  I am making cupcakes for a wedding, some of them chocolate, and when it came time to frost them.......I couldn't remember which recipe I hated (clumpy and thick) and which one makes the creamy frosting.  I made one I thought was the good frosting.  Iit wasn't.  Real bummer cuz it was the recipe I gave to my daughter when she asked for a creamy chocolate frosting a few weeks ago.  Sorry Jenn.  I swear this one is great.  I know it is the good one cuz it was the second frosting I made today.  And it turned out perfect.
 
It comes out of "the big book of cupcakes" and uses cocoa powder instead of melted chocolate.  I think the melted chocolate seizes up when the milk is added and that is what causes the unpleasant texture.   So here is the Best Ever chocolate frosting recipe.  Now that it is on this blog it should be easy for me to find again.......
 
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 to 3 tablespoons milk
 
In medium bowl. mix powdered sugar, cocoa, butter and vanilla and 1 tablespoons milk with electric mixer on low speed.  Gradually beat in just enough milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable.  I use a little more milk and if it gets too thin I add more powdered sugar until the frosting hold it shape but is smooth.  This frosts 12 cupcake skimpy or 6 cupcakes as pictured above.  Guess which one I prefer.......
Diana
 

No comments:

Post a Comment