Friday, May 2, 2014

Ode to the Glue Gun

I actually should have two titles for this post.  Ode to the Glue Gun and Pinterest is So Addictive......
First, here is the before picture of a bench I got for next to nothing ($2) at a church rummage sale.  It was rickety and ugly.  I spent a few minutes gluing and tightening screws.  Then I got out my glue gun, painters cloth, some old lace (another rummage sale) and satiny rope. 
  Where did I get my inspiration?  This Pin from Shabby Chic Tiny Retreat.  I LOVE her blog!  The idea of living in such a tiny house is so fascinating!  But back to the bench.  Took off the old fabric and, don't gasp, I hot glued everything on.  Yep!  I admit it.  I didn't sew, staple or attach any part of this project the correct way.  Went through two sticks of glue.  Burnt my fingers a couple of times too.  Still don't feel bad about using the glue gun (well, except for the burns.....).  The lace skirt hides the less than perfect wood finish.  Total cost for this project.  About $5.00!
Shabby Chic?  Check.
Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment