Thursday, May 1, 2014

What a Pretty View

Winter was sooo long this year.  Sometimes I wondered if Spring would ever arrive.  Weeks turned into months of snow covered fields and below zero temps.  One of the few things that let me know that life would someday return to the Ohio Valley were the sweet little birds that visited our bird feeders.  Now that Spring is finally here those birds are finding food in the wild and hardly ever come to the feeders.  I miss them.
 I found this old window with super cool panes and knew I could do a little something above my garden tub to remember all those days spent bird watching.
I used my Silhouette to cut out vinyl stencils.  Craft paint seemed to be the best thing to use as I could later wash it off (or use a razor?).  I wanted the image to be on the back of the glass so that is why I didn't use vinyl cut outs instead of the stencil.  The image would have been on the front of the glass and not as cool.  Now I have a calm view to ponder while I soak in the tub.  Ummmmm.
Diana

4 comments:

  1. Love this! I have a silhouette and will try this! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! Will have to try this. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job:). It is always fun to see how others use vintage windows.

    ReplyDelete