Friday, January 22, 2016

Demo Done In Master Bath

Finishing up week 3 of the master bathroom remodel.  The Onyx shower pan is in.  It is a massive 4 foot by 4 foot and weighs a ton.  So much fun dragging that thing in.  Today we got in some of the green board in the shower surround.
 and more drywall work done.
 All the wiring is done and some of the pipes have been moved.  Below you can see the Redi Tile shower niches.  I am so excited to have storage in the shower that doesn't include a nasty wire shelf hanging from the shower head!
 Below is the new shower light and fan.  Super quiet.
 We scraped off the fake stained glass film off the window which gave us our view back.
 Keeping it real, I thought I'd show you all the stuff we have to move to do each new job!  The drywall has been plastered for the most part and sanded.  Well at least half of it has been done anyway.  This area will be where the new vanity is going.  By the way, the floor isn't really white, that is all the drywall dust!
 Last picture is of the new doorway into the bathroom.  I am still working on that plaster.  Side note......never try to pull out a nail you bent without first making sure you have a good grip on it.  Claw hammer slipped and gouged a lovely cut above my eye.  Picture this.  Me running out of the room with my hand over my eye, blood dripping, saying "Oh crap" over and over.  My husband who was doing plumbing in the basement came running to me and that was what he saw.  Must have looked a little scary, until the blood was cleaned off it wasn't really much after all.  But I did have bit of a headache for the next day or two.  Getting hit in the head with a hammer will do that.
Maybe I will show you some of the goodies we have waiting to go in on the next post......
Diana or "Scarface"

No comments:

Post a Comment