Friday, February 19, 2016

DIY Birch Tree Painting

Have you seen the DIY Birch Tree Paintings on Pinterest?  I thought it looked easy enough for a non artist to do and I needed something to fill a big blank wall in the new master bath, so off to the craft store I went.
 It took less than 40 dollars and about one hour (less drying time) to complete.  I found a good tutorial here.  Of course I had to change it up a bit.  Instead of using the straight edge of the tape to mask off the trunks I tore the tape in half lengthwise.  I then used the ragged edge for the sides of the trunks.  That gave me a more natural looking tree.  I also used a light shade of gray for some of the trees so they appear to be behind the larger white ones.  In addition to the credit card, I used a fan brush to dry brush on more detail to the bark.
 Now while I take a bath I have something very calming to look at.......
It fills the space nicely and the grays match all the accents in the bathroom.
  So I would call this a Pin-Win!  Easy to do and cost effective too.
Not many paintings can be bought for less than 50 dollars!
Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment