Tuesday, October 25, 2016

More on the Flip House

Last post I said I would show you the fireplace after it's makeover.......well here it is!
 I painted the metal with a high heat paint in a matte finish.  The knobs were polished and the vents at both sides were cleaned and reattached.  Then I scrubbed the clay tiles til all the years of grime were gone!  Looks so much better.
 We then cleaned up the old sconces which I loved.
 We took off the chalky red shutters and painted the new front door and garage door a battle ship gray.  I didn't realize the gray I chose would look this "industrial" when I bought it but it is growing on me.......
 We were going to replace the iron work post but now we kind of like it so it stays.
 the old garage door.  Notice how the paint on it matches the meter box on the right.......totally not what I was going for!
 Speaking of grey, here is the finished master.  The floors are original.....well, not the stain and finish, that's new.  Aren't the windows cool?
 We finally got the built in doors to fit!  That wood is super hard.  We broke a lot of screws getting the hinges attached.  But now it is sturdy and once we get the molding and glass shelves on, it will be so pretty.
 Ignore the floor, the carpet is ordered......here is the hall.  That was a lot of molding to install.  Six doorways and a linen closet!
 Here is another view of the fireplace wall.
 And another.
 And the entry way with a fridge in the middle of it.
 New ceiling fan in the living room.
 Entry way light.  Kind of boring but the budget won out over style this time.  Plus it matches the new fan.
 Love this fireplace!
 In between coats of paint I have been putting together furniture for staging.  Here is the cute little dining set and the couch......both from wayfair.
 It is hard to see but the wall behind the sawhorse just got a coat of the gray paint we are using through out the house.  We painted the fireplace wall and all the molding white.  I love how crisp and clean this color combo is.
Same paint on the huge picture window (sans molding) wall.  I haven't cut in the edges or corners yet.....I am hoping my husband will do it, he is much steadier with that paint brush!
Well that is pretty much where our flip is at the moment.  Ron installed a new breaker box in the basement to replace the old fuse boxes today while I painted.  We will install really nice molding the living room in the next few days........and then put in new plugs, switches and covers.  The molding is much fancier than what we used in the rest of the house but it is the first room you see when you walk in so I think the extra money is worth it.  A lot of extra money!  
And in case you have forgotten what this bright pretty house used to look like.......
Here is a shot of the kitchen as it looks right now!  Dark, grimy and just plain ugly.
Give us another week or three, a few gallons of paint, new flooring, counter tops and stainless steel appliances, and you will see a totally different kitchen.  I promise.....
Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment