Friday, April 1, 2011

Dairy Queen Ice Cream

I have a new cookbook! "America's Most Wanted Recipes" by Ron Douglas. It is full of recipes that duplicate our favorite restaurant dishes! Yippee!This ice cream is soooooo good....and not difficult at all to make! Dairy Queen Ice Cream 1 envelope unflavored gelatin 1/4 cup cold water 1 cup milk 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 cup heavy cream Sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the milk to almost a simmer over medium-low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in the sugar, vanilla, and salt with a wire whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved, at least 2 minutes. Stir in the gelatin mixture and let cool. Stir in the cream. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours (I let it set overnight). Transfer to an ice cream maker (I used my kitchenaid) and process according to the manufacturer's direction. (It only took my machine about 10 minutes but the recipe said about 20 minutes) It will get thick and very creamy. Transfer into a freezer safe container and freeze until firm. *note- if you want to add goodies, and who doesn't, add them right before you put the ice cream into the freezer safe container.
I used the teeny tiny peanut butter cups that Reese's just came out with!
Before you stick it in the freezer, it reminds me of soft serve. My husband loved it just like this! But into the freezer it went, minus a few LARGE spoonfuls, until it is just right for our night time snack! Diana

1 comment:

  1. I Love homemade ice cream and this sounds so simple to make! When you said you use your kitchenaid - does it have an attachment for it? I have one and wasn't aware of anything like that!

    greenzebracrafts.com

    ReplyDelete