Thursday, June 23, 2011

Boston Cream Pie Twinkies

Do you ever see something on a blog and just have to make it? I saw these adorable twinkies on Confession of a cookbook queen. Check out her blog for more delicious recipes and her hilarious sense of humor.
First you need a twinkie pan. And I mean NEED a twinkie pan. Doesn't everyone?

I made my cake from scratch but a cake mix would work fine. I also overfilled the cups so I had to trim off the bottoms so they could stand straight.

Instead of pudding, I used premade custard from our local amish bulk food store. It is really good!
I then melted a combination of dark chocolate candy melts and fondue chocolate. Holding the cakes firmly, I dipped them into the chocolate and lthen sat them on wax paper.

And, cuz I love sprinkles, each pie got a pinch of white goodness on the still wet chocolate. Aren't they pretty! I am storing them in tupperware to keep fresh until my husband gets home and can eat them up. Yum. Diana

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful recipe. Those look delicious and I bet they taste a thousand times better than the ones from a store. I wanted to invite you to come over and share your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight today. Have a great day :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete