Monday, December 12, 2011

Candy Cane Shea Butter Soap

Melt and pour soap is an easy way to make really pretty handmade gifts.  I used a silicon loaf pan and shea butter glycerin melt and pour base.  I divided the block of base into two glass measuring cups.  To one I added red dye and the other I left white.  I melted both and added peppermint scent.  Then I poured alternating layers(allowing the layers to set up until firm in between).  I reheated the soap in the cups when needed.  Once the loaf pan was almost full, I crumbled crushed candy canes down the center of the loaf while the last layer was still wet. 

 This is what it looked like once I removed it from the pan.
 This looks good enough to eat!
The soap set up about 24 hours and then was put into bags that I sealed closed.  I got 9 bars out of my loaf pan but I was really generous when I was slicing.  These smell soooo good.  I think I will set one aside for me!  Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment