Thursday, December 1, 2011

Days Of The Week Quilt

I know, I know, I haven't posted in forever but I have been busy, I promise.  I have been working on a quilt that is sooo sweet.  And I finally finished it today!  I love days of the week ANYTHING.   Towels, underwear.......so I thought how cute it would be if I put together a Days of the Week quilt. 

 The redwork is done on my embroidery machine. 
I can't remember where I got the design.  I know I downloaded it online but I can't find anything in the file that tells me where I got it.  That's what happens when you don't write things down. 
 I machined quilted on the solid squares around the embroidery.
 How fun is this little lady.  She looks so earnest.  Just to be clear, I DON'T wear a dress to do housework but I do like the IDEA of wearing a cute dress everyday.
I also did a cute quilting design on the four square with the embroidery machine too!  This quilt is so cheerful it almost  makes housework look fun......almost.  Diana

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I have owned an embroidery machine about a little over a year now. I would love to do a project like this. You are very gifted. I love the red work designs. The day of the week is such a great blast from the past. I really like your fabric and color choices. The cherries are so cheerful. It works very well, good job!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love the embroidery designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea for a quilt and what an amazing outcome! THanks for sharing at this week's BFF Open House!

    ReplyDelete