Saturday, June 2, 2012

Vintage Dishcloths

I am not a big fan of handwashing dishes, in fact, I try to fit EVERYTHING into the dishwasher!  If my dishwasher is broke I am devastated.  As in fall on the ground and cry like a baby from the stress of putting myself through handwashing pots and pans.  Yuck.  But, it wasn't pratical to put a dishwaher in our tiny cabin's almost completed kitchen so.........I will be washing dishes.  I am trying to ease myself into the unpleasant task which lies ahead by making lots of pretties for the job.  That includes these sweet dishcloths I crocheted!
 I mean, I almost feel like a princess to be able to used something as frilly as these beauties.  Aqua and red......LOVE IT!!!!!!
 And this one in lime green and lilac is a dream........no ugly dishrag for me! 
Now I just need a pretty container for my dishsoap and I will almost enjoy this chore.........   Not really, but at least I will have something to distract me.    Diana

2 comments:

  1. These are great, my sister made me some which have a little loop on so you can hang it up. One of them I just use as decoration and stand a little jar on it as its too nice to use I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother used to make these - they are so cute! We are so glad you joined our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We love to see all of the great recipes and ideas!! Thanks and we hope to see you again next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete