Saturday, June 8, 2013

Bam Bam Shrimp

Bad pics I know but bare with me here.....it was really late at night and I didn't have a lot of time to set up a shot.  When I am craving something really luscious I make up a batch of Bam Bam Shrimp!  It is absolutely delicious and isn't as hard as it might look.
I got the recipe here and have made it half a dozen times without a mess up, a record for me, so we know it will turn out for you.
The only things I changed from the original was to cut the sauce in half and add one more step to the coating.
 
Bam Bam Shrimp
Ingredients:
  • 1lb peeled and deveined shrimp
  • Vegetable oil
For The Sauce  (I've cut this in half for you)
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 Tablespoons honey (optional)
  • approx 1/4 bottle Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, adjust to taste.
  • 2-3 teaspoons hot sauce (you can increase this if you want)
For The Shrimp Batter
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup corn starch
  • 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup of milk 
Instructions
  1. Mix ingredients for sauce and set aside.
  2. Mix egg and milk in one bowl and mix flour, corn starch, garlic powder, salt and pepper in another bowl.  Dredge shrimp in egg mixture  (* I added an additional step, I dredge the shrimp in flour first!  It makes a much crispier coating) and then dip in flour mixture.  Fry in oil until lightly golden.  (It should only take a few minutes to cook the shrimp).
  3. Remove shrimp and place on paper towel
  4. Place shrimp in bowl and pour a few tablespoons of sauce over shrimp.  Mix together until shrimp is evenly coated.  Add more sauce if needed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment