Bad pics I know but bare with me here.....it was really late at night and I didn't have a lot of time to set up a shot. When I am craving something really luscious I make up a batch of Bam Bam Shrimp! It is absolutely delicious and isn't as hard as it might look.
I got the recipe here and have made it half a dozen times without a mess up, a record for me, so we know it will turn out for you.
The only things I changed from the original was to cut the sauce in half and add one more step to the coating.
Bam Bam Shrimp
- 1lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- Vegetable oil
For The Sauce (I've cut this in half for you)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons honey (optional)
- approx 1/4 bottle Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, adjust to taste.
- 2-3 teaspoons hot sauce (you can increase this if you want)
For The Shrimp Batter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- Mix ingredients for sauce and set aside.
- Mix egg and milk in one bowl and mix flour, corn starch, garlic powder, salt and pepper in another bowl. Dredge shrimp in egg mixture (* I added an additional step, I dredge the shrimp in flour first! It makes a much crispier coating) and then dip in flour mixture. Fry in oil until lightly golden. (It should only take a few minutes to cook the shrimp).
- Remove shrimp and place on paper towel
- Place shrimp in bowl and pour a few tablespoons of sauce over shrimp. Mix together until shrimp is evenly coated. Add more sauce if needed.