Thursday, January 26, 2012

Custom Cottage Pillowcases

See the Laura Ashley comforter at the bottom left hand corner of the picture?  I needed pillow cases to match.  Do you know how hard it is to find pretty pillow cases in the right colors!  And expensive!  Then duh....I remembered I have an embroidery machine.
So I bought some sheets at Walmart, found a cute feminine design and picked thread to match the comforter.. 
Just what I had in mind.
Here is the vintage quilt that inspired the color scheme for the guest room.
This room is now so pretty and airy.
Here is the hutch I moved in front another room.
These cute little houses are from KLM Airlines.  They are replicas of dutch row houses.  See our recent trip to Holland and photos of actual row houses here.
I love this corner of the room most.  The frilly curtains and the sweet little drop leaf table look so pretty together.  I still have a few projects I want to do to complete this room but for now I am satisfied that it is starting to look cottage-y!  Diana. 

No comments:

Post a Comment