Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Artisan No Knead Bread

Crusty Artisan No Knead Bread.  This was a recipe I knew I would have to try when I found it at Simply So Good
It was easy to make but I did have to add more water (she says it takes 1 1/2 cups) to get the right shaggy texture.  And my loaf was already pretty dark when I took off the lid after 30 minutes so I only cooked it an additional 10 minutes.
This is what it looked like when I took it out of the oven.  I had added about 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese to the dough in the beginning.  I think a bit of it stuck to the pot  so I had to pry the loaf up to get it out but no big deal.
The bread looks beautiful.  The texture was a surprise.  Very similar to sourdough bread---a little chewy but not dense at all!  The crust is lovely, crispy but very thin.  Be sure and check out her detailed tutorial and bread variations.
Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment