Monday, August 19, 2013

Crazy Life

 On top of having company for two back to back weeks, we also have been having some landscaping done in our backyard.  We had the ugly deck removed and a new stone patio put in it's place!  LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER.......  And in the process of removing the deck, we discovered that our fireplace support had completely rotted out!  The wood was like a soft sponge which you could squeeze water out of!  I felt like I was on a remodeling TV show where the homeowner finds tons of issues when doing a simple upgrade......  My husband took care of replacing the wood and the landscapers were able to get back to work.  Oh and did I mention that the guys cut through a water AND power line when digging out the footing for the patio? 
 But now it is all over and we have a beautiful patio that I love.
 
 

 Here is what is looked like for a few days..... 
 This is what is looks like today. 
It fits in with the rest of the yard now and I couldn't be happier.  We held a big BBQ for the guys today to thank them for all their hard work.  Now all that is left is hosing everything off to remove all the dust and enjoying the view.
Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment