Thursday, August 29, 2013

Vintage Camper Kitchen Towel And A Machine Applique Tip!

I have definitely got vintage campers on my brain!  I made this towel (one of two) as a quick project to get some sewing time in.  With so many other things going I haven't done much sewing lately.
The camper is machine embroidered on 100% cotton toweling.  I really like the toweling.  It is sturdy and absorbent and just a great fabric.
 This is what it looks like if it is folded for hanging on a stove handle.  Soooooo cuuuute!
I love the red polka dot camper.  So here is a tip I wish someone had told me when machine appliqueing ---- spray starch the applique fabric so it is nice and stiff.  That makes everything lay nice and smooth so it doesn't pucker.  You don't have to pin it down or anything, it works so much better than limp fabric! 
Diana 
This towel(s) is available on our Etsy Shop

3 comments:

  1. Well if that's not the cutest thing ever!!!
    How adorable!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. Hubs fantasy is to own a little camper like this. A towel may be as close as he gets. Wanted to let you know I'm featuring this when my link party opens up tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! Welcome here :) It's such a blessing to have these keepsakes! I'm thinking I'll have to make a copy of the vintage patterns some day so they can keep being passed on!

    ReplyDelete