Friday, August 23, 2013

Zucchini (and Corn) Patties

I came across the cutest blog today.  Shopgirl had left me a comment on my Rustic Apple Dumpling post and she sounded so sweet I decided to check out her blog.  One of the first things I knew I had to try were her Zucchini Patties!  They sounded so yummy.
 They also sounded easy to make, gotta love that.  AND they would use up some of that zucchini from my garden!  Win-win in my book.
 
Shopgirl's Zucchini Patties
2 cups grated zucchini (one medium sized zucchini)
1/2 small onion, finely diced
1 large egg
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Salt and Pepper
Olive oil
*You could add garlic or herbs for some extra flavor
(I added 1/2 corn of fresh corn-Diana) 
 
 1. To make these zucchini patties, grate the zucchini, then pat it dry with some paper towels (try to get as much of the moisture out as possible, without mushing up the zucchini).
 I used fresh corn right off the cob to add more crunch (and because I needed to get rid of some!)
  Place all the grated zucchini in a bowl, and add in the finely diced onion, Parmesan cheese (you can add in whatever cheese you like), the egg and flour and stir well. Season with salt and pepper. (remember to add the corn too-Diana)
 2. Heat the olive oil in a large pan and using a 1/4 cup measure, drop the zucchini batter into your pan, patting it down a little with a spatula.  I think you could use an ice cream scoop to keep the mixture from sticking to the cup.
 Cook on medium heat for about 2 - 3 minutes on each side, or until you get a nice, golden brown crust on the outside and the patties have cooked on the inside.
Let cool for a few minutes.  I served mine with a dollop of sour cream.  How do they taste?  REALLY, REALLY GOOD.  They reminded me a bit of corn fritters, which I love!  I will definitely be making these again.
Diana


1 comment:

  1. Hi Diana! I'm so happy you got a chance to try these and that you enjoyed them! I made so many of these over the summer, they're such a great and easy way to use zucchini! And what a great idea to serve them with sour cream (why didn't I think of that!!!) I'll have to do that next time!! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete