Sunday, September 15, 2013

Yo Yo Lamp

I have been drooling over a lamp over at The Beehive Cottage that was just sooo cute. Maryjane does such cool crafts!  Love her blog!  But back to the lamp.....I knew I could make one but first I had to find a sweet tiny lamp that I could redo!  Easier said than done.  Finally I found the perfect hobnail milk glass beauty at a thrift store for $1.00!  I then picked up a shade at Walmart for $4.00.  Next came the task of making enough yo yos in different sizes and colors.  Two evenings later and I was ready to put it all together.   
 Using fabric glue, I place the yo yos all over the shade until it was covered to my liking.  That's it, easy as pie, maybe even easier! 
Doesn't it look pretty.  I think it will find a new home in my little vintage trailer!
Diana

1 comment:

  1. Super cute lamp! Love it!Thanks so much for sharing! Would love to have you visit my blog sometime.
    Have a fabulous day!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete