Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sweet Treats Quilt

Just finished a sweet little quilt yesterday using some fabric I bought a while ago.......most of the fabric is from Delicious Wishes by Jana Nielson of Izzy & Ivy for Henry Glass Fabrics and looks good enough to eat!
The fabric line has a panel of framed desserts and fruit that can be cut into squares. 
 I framed each square in a green fabric with red on each corner.
 The binding is in the same red and is hand sewn.
I machined quilted in a swirly pattern on my regular sewing machine.  It is so fun to see how much I can push myself with new designs like this.  It helped that the quilt was small and easy to work with.  I wouldn't try this swirly design on something much larger.  I am not sure if this is a baby quilt or wall hanging.......I think it might even end up as a table topper.  It would look sweet on a dessert table loaded with goodies!
Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment