Friday, April 10, 2015

Very Pretty Apron Using Simplicity Pattern 1240

I just got a new calling at my church that I am SOOOO excited about.  NURSERY LEADER.  DREAM JOB!!!!!  I get to play with little children and have a snack halfway through church.....how could it get any better than that.
 But it can be a messy calling so I made a sweet little apron to wear over my Sunday clothes.  I used Simplicity pattern 1240 because it would flow over my dresses and not crush them.  Plus the model on the package looked adorable in it.  I was even able to find a very similar print for the main fabric.  My daughter Jenn suggested the chevron fabric to make it more modern.  Read that as less "granny looking".
 Isn't it adorable.  And very easy to make.
 I did line the pocket for a more finished interior, and I used my serger for all the seams for the same reason.
Can't wait to wear it this Sunday!  What is it about a ruffle that just makes you feel pretty.
Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment