Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Grubby Crow

These are all over the stores this year and I wanted to see how hard they would be to make. For the cost of some bits and pieces and about one hour's worth of crafting, I think it came out just as I had hoped. Scrawny and grubby..... just as I pictured it. You start out with a quickly drawn pattern that you then cut out of muslin. Sew together, turn and stuff and stick a dowel into his tummy. Then start painting everything with black craft paint, including a box that I attached a tiny wooden flower pot on top off. (Drilled a hole in the bottom of the pot to accept the dowel.) Put everything together with craft glue, sand it all, and apply a little brown shoe polish and a bow. Done. Easy.
Oh, and sew on a couple of miss matched button for eyes. C'rows have to have button eyes, It's a rule. Really.
The little bee hive is made from bees wax that we harvest from our own hives. Too cool. Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment