Monday, August 16, 2010

Shadow Box Hearts Tutorial


I love all of the projects that use old books in them. I found an old book with nice coloring to the pages and decided to do a shadow box.



The first thing I did was cut out 41 hearts from my used book. I did it with my Cricut, but I am sure that a heart hole punch would work just as well. I also found a nice rusty read piece of card stock that I cut one heart out of.



I creased the hearts down the center and curled them with my fingers. I then attached them to a piece of white card stock using permanent glue. They are spaced 1 1/2 inches side to side and top to bottom. It worked out just right-which is lucky because I glued them several on before I thought about how it would center.


Then I found a simple shadow box at Hobby Lobby and inserted it in. Quick, easy, and inexpensive!


~Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. What a cute project and so creative. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete