Thursday, March 3, 2011

CHOCOLATE BUNNIES!!!!

Chocolate bunnies? Not really, they just look like they are made of chocolate! I saw some at a store and knew I could make them. And here is the finished bunny. They look so yummy.

First I printed a pattern I found on the net and enlarged it. Then I cut it out about 1/2 inch outside the line. That became my cutting line. I cut two pieces out of muslin for each bunny.
Then I sewed 1/4 inch seam all around the outside, leaving an opening for turning at the bottom.
Cut slits at all the inside corners and use pinking shears (if you have them) to trim the seams. I then ironed them flat to set the seams.
Turn and stuff but not too firm. Be sure to get into all the curves and points. Slip stitch the opening closed.
Using brown craft paint, paint a nice thick coat all over the bunny.
Be sure and cover all the fabric. Let dry and give a second coat. Let dry and then tie a ribbon around the neck of the bunny.
I set my three bunnies in a basket in the dining room. Soooooo cute! These little guys go together quick. The biggest amount of time spent was waiting for the "chocolate" to dry! Diana

17 comments:

  1. that is BEYOND cute. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable!

    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are those? They totally look like the real deal...I could see my kiddos biting in to them trying to see if they are! :-) Thank you so much for linking this up to Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY cute. I bet my daughter would love to make these with me. Thanks for figuring it out and tutoring the rest of us!

    I hopped over from Paisley Passions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are darling. {and look yummy!}
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so adorable! What great Easter decor! Visiting from www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are soooo cute! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. As to craft paint, is that the same as acrylic paint?

    Tracy http://allthumbscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever idea!! Painting them was a great thought... they look more 'real' that way. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, my mom would love this! Visiting from Tatertots and Jello and I am a new follower! Hope you are having a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE these!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    I'll be featuring these on the 15th, so be sure to check back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jennifer, Just wanted you to know we are going to be featuring your bunnies this week on Inspiration Friday! The post will go up tonight. Thank you for sharing such a darling idea with us!

    Heather and Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this! I might use brown fabric in case some of the littlest munchkins want to slobber/chew on them:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these so much I featured them today! I'd love for you to come grab a featured button. Thanks for linking up last week!

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bunnies awesome tutorial
    hugs

    ReplyDelete