Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cup of Gold Candy

Cup of Golds, mmmm....one of my all time favorite candies! And not available in the small mid west town I live in. Yeah I tried the Mallow cups but they are a poor imitation of the delicious candy I crave. After much thought, I think I came up with something close enough. I used silicone cupcake molds to make these in!
First melt some milk chocolate. I used about 1/2 cup of bulk chocolate and added a little fondue chocolate.
Pour a few tablespoons of chocolate into the cup and swirl around the outside. Let set a bit til the chocolate is thick and swirl again.
Put some marshmallow puff into an icing bag. Cut off the point.
Pipe fluff into the chocolate. Be generous!
Chop up some coconut in a food processor. this is going to add crunch.
Add coconut to remaining melted chocolate. Pour over the marshmallow fluff in the cup.
Be sure the fluff in completely covered. Let set up and remove from the silicone cups.
I put the candies into pretty paper cupcake papers and then wrapped them in a bag. I also put a slip of card stock behind the candy to add some stability. Mmmm, I get chills thinking about this candy........ Diana

4 comments:

  1. We are having a CHOCOLATE... CHOCOLATE... and MORE CHOCOLATE linky party over at THIS WEEK’S CRAVINGS, we are already enjoying over 125 recipes so far and would love to have you link up your recipe too.

    It's gonna be a really SWEET week.

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-weeks-cravings-21-chocolate-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks heavenly...and I almost NEVER use that word to describe food unless I REALLY MEAN IT!! Is there anything marshmallow fluff can't be used for? I think not...

    This is PERFECT for my new linky party, Foodie Friday. Please stop on over and link up!

    I found you on Someday Crafts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. making these for my mom and of course myself tonight! one of her favorite candies and one i have never tried.

    ReplyDelete