Friday, March 4, 2011

Spring Wreath

Doesn't this wreath look like spring? Too bad I still have a bit of snow on the ground outside! And it is made out of paper!!!! You have seen a lot of these paper flower decorated items lately but I wanted to try and make something for myself. I used a white Styrofoam wreath, a ton off pearl tipped pins, and zillions of pale green paper flowers.
I liked using the white wreath with the pale colored flowers because you don't notice the Styrofoam peaking through. I used light weight (typing paper) green paper in two shades. I also put a line of glue on the foam before pinning in the flowers. (I stuck a pin trough one of each of the two different color flowers). This project isn't difficult but does take a bit of time. One thing though, I didn't finish the back so I can't put in front of a mirror. The ugly back will be reflected and no longer hidden! Diana

1 comment:

  1. That is really cute! I love the colors too - perfect for spring! : )

    Aimee @
    www.justkiddingaroundatlanta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete