Saturday, April 28, 2012

Crab and Potato Soup

Oh what to do with the leftover imitation crab from last nights quiche?  With the wind howling and raindrops falling off and on all day, soup seemed like the perfect answer.  Here is an adaption to my favorite potato soup, except I use crab instead of bacon.
Crab and Potato Soup

2 tbs butter
3 c. potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 tbs. diced onions
Melt butter in medium saucepan.  Add onion and potato and cook over med low heat until potatoes begin to be tender and are brown, about 15 minutes.  Add 1 tbs water, cover and cook until potatoes are completely tender.  This will also loosen some of the crispy stuff on the bottom of the pan.  Yum.
2 c. milk (part cream)
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese drenched in 1 tbs flour
salt and pepper
8 oz. imitation crab chunks
Add milk, salt and pepper to saucepan.  Heat and then slowly add cheese until melted.  Add crab and continue heating soup until desired consistency. 

I think I like this even more than my go-to  potato soup!  It is so good......Serve with some home made sourdough bread (don't we all have some just hanging around the kitchen?) and prepare to swoon.  Diana

1 comment:

  1. This soup looks so good! I love soups with seafood, I will have to try this one! I would love if you would share this and any other posts at Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/05/showcase-your-talent-thursday-5.html. I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete