Friday, April 27, 2012

Crab Quiche

I have been making this quiche for years and finally decided to write down the recipe before I forget how to make it (my mind is doing a lot of forgetting lately). 
Put 2 cups grated Monterrey jack cheese in the bottom of an unbaked pie shell.
Scatter about 8 oz. imitation crab chunks on top of the cheese (I say "about" because it is my cat's favorite treat, next to bread, and she always gets a few chunks)

In a bowl, mix 2/3 cup heavy cream with 4 eggs (mine are large cuz that's the way the girls lay them), 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg and a dash of cayenne pepper.
Pour egg mixture over crab and cheese.
Bake at 375 for 35 minutes or until set. 
 
Let cool.
Can be served warm or cold.

This is a very mild flavored quiche and is great for dinner, lunch or even breakfast!  Hope you like it.....I know I do.  Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment