Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ruffles

Here is another wrist warmer I knitted. I used tiny number 2 needles so this took a long time! I couldn't find a pattern I wanted so I made this up as I went along. Using soft 4 ply yarn I cast on 50 stitches. Using three double pointed needles, I joined the ends to form a circle and then used a pattern of k3 p2 for 4 1/2 inches. The thumb hole was made by stopping the circular pattern and treating the next two inches as a regular flat project. You have to keep track of the stitches because sometimes it is k3 p2 but the next row would be k2 p3. You get used to how the previous row stitches look and that helps out a lot. Then I rejoined the circle back together and k3 p2 til the glove is 8 inches long. The last four rows to make the ruffle are as follows. Row 1 k1 increase k1 increase until you have 100 stitches. Row 2 knit around. Row 3 k1 increase k1 increase until you have 200 stitches ( I added a four needle now) Row 4 knit around. Bind off. I hope you all can understand the pattern. I not much of a knitter but this worked out pretty well. Diana

1 comment:

  1. These wrist warmers are so adorable! My daughter wears ones (bought from Target), but these are so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete