Thursday, January 6, 2011

Subway Art Candy Dish

I am a little slow at trends. The whole subway art thing almost passed me right by! I thought it was cool but couldn't find the time or wall space for a huge project like that. Then it hit me! I could do a candy dish and be oh so trendy....if you ignore the fact that the trend is months old! So I got this very heavy (the glass is thick) dish at Walmart for a few bucks and got out my cricut, etching cream and vinyl. I did the layout on Design Studio. Used Lyrical Letters, Wedding, Printing 101 and Plantin Schoolbook.
I did the etching on the inside of the dish. Next time I will do it on the back but you have to remember to do a mirror image thing and I forgot.......
Because the dish is so heavy, I think it has an expensive look going! Not bad for less than 4 bucks! Diana

7 comments:

  1. Not bad at all... you do lovely work! Etching is a thing I've always been in awe. Good going!
    <3 Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome idea to choose a smaller surface for subway art. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and what a great gift idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! What a great gift for teachers... I'm always on the hunt for something original ;)

    I'm a new follower- I've been following you on facebook, but somehow not your blog? I don't know HOW that happened! LOL

    Semalee @ Nailing Jello to a Tree

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute idea. I am your newest follower. I'd love for you to follow me back!
    http://theloops13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute idea! I've always wanted to do etching, but thought it was complicated. Now I'm off to get some supplies...thanks again!

    ReplyDelete